Simple Easy Wall Update

I was at a birthday party the other day that our good family friend Maria and her husband threw for their little boys. When I had first visited their house, their kids room had a simple, beige, boring wall color. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of this before wall (and why should I shoot a simple, beige, boring wall!) but 'm sure you can picture this in your mind!. So now when I entered the same room a surprise was waiting for me. The hubby had painted the walls in such a way to create a highway scene, used colours to create the ground effect and then placed some McQueen stickers on. So simple! So easy! So much impact! The boys were really excited with the outcome! And I was amazed by the result!  





And here is something else handmade in this very same party that I'd like to share with you: A melting candy house! Isn't it sweet?




Thank you very much Maria for letting me share some pics of your lovely house today!



* Sharing this post with  these link parties. Check them out for a ton of crafts and projects! *

15 comments:

  1. I love your new wall!!! Please share this at our party going on now http://space46.blogspot.com/2011/12/co-hosting-pinteresting-link-party-week.html. Happy holiday! My

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! My son is in the "Lighting McQueen" phase! I am sure he will love this on his walls but unfortunately I had bought other wall decals for him earlier.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ευχαριστώ Ολγάκι!!Μου ανέβασες την διάθεση και βρήκα ιδέες και για το δικό μου δωμάτιο!!!

    Μαρία

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love the Cars wall! So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! new follower from the blog hop, would love a follow back!

    http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi

    Wow, the wall transformation looks terrific!! My boys would go nuts for that in their rooms.

    Unfortunately as Make It Monday is a paper craft linky party this entry is not really valid.

    I do hope you will join us again if you have a paper related craft to enter.

    Happy Holidays

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always happy to receive such sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the wall. So cute. My boys would be in heaven with that wall in their room. Thanks for sharing. I would love it if you could link this up to our linky party going on right now.
    http://www.junkintheirtrunk.blogspot.com/2011/12/link-it-up-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. No doubt, the boys were thrilled with their new décor. This would be a fun addition to any child's room. ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday again this week, and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. That wall is such a cute idea! I love the melting house! Haha, that's what mine would look like too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet the lil boys just loved their new room...Thanks for sharing at my "Anything Holiday" linky party!!!


    www.mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/
    www.facebook.com/MyCrazyBeautifulLife.13
    www.pinterest.com/denyse13/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cute! My son turns 3 next month and we're planning to do a Cars themed room for him too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea for my son's room someday! Love. it! Thank you so much for showing it off at my place!
    Melody
    ChattyChics.com
    PS Come back and visit again tomorrow if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Πανέμορφος κι αυτός ο τοίχος.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughtful comments keep me going! Feel free to share them!
However, I reserve the right to delete all anonymous comments and restrict comments that are irrelevant to the article, contain profanity or lack respect, personal attacks or those that seek to promote a personal or unrelated business.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Icon Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest

spice up your blog
Pin It button on image hover