Gold Lust! (by Honey Sweet Home)

Hey there Stardust Readers – I’m Samaa from Honey Sweet Home – thank you so 
much to Olga for having me!
Today I thought I’d share one of my favourite recent trends – gold + brass accents, 
I just can’t get enough! Whether its decor or fashion, I’ve become obsessed!
The look is so elegant and classic, and oh-so glam :) And as much as these hues have 
gone in and out of style, I think the right shades can be totally timeless. Plus, with 
a little spray paint, gold leafing, or rub n buff, it’s so easy to get the look for less!   
Here’s a roundup of some gold mirrors I’ve been crushing on lately:

gold mirrors
Sources: 1. 2. 3. 4.


When I saw that gold quatrefoil mirror, it was love at first sight :) I wasn’t loving the price quite as much though, so I found a cheaper version at Lowes and sprayed it out in Valspar Gold. Instant glam :) and the perfect addition to my living space.
I've been lusting after brass accent tables for awhile now too - these little beauties 
almost make me go weak at the knees!
Gold & Brass Accent Tables
Sources: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
Of course they don’t always come cheap! Here’s my knock off version, courtesy of 
some more spray paint and this cute $6 table I found at Goodwill.
Next up, I am dying to DIY this brass etagere Ikea hack by Ana Antunes! Come by my 
blog in a few weeks to see how it turns out :)
Ana Antunes Brass Etagere
If you’re looking to add a little gold to your decor without making a huge commitment, 
here are a few more affordable ideas for inspiration!
Sources: 1. 2. 3. 4.
Anyone else out there as crazy for gold as I am?

Thanks again to Olga - I've loved being here!

************************************************************

Gold accents are so glamorous! I have to admit I've never thought of it before. 
They add so much elegance into a space. Well, I'm feeling a lust for gold right now, 
don't you?
Photobucket 
Thanks for Making This Possible! Spread The Word!

7 comments:

  1. I'm a Gold Luster too! Love your Goodwill side table and the mirror too Samaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gold and glass is a wonderful combination

      Delete
  2. Thanks Rica! And thanks again to Olga for having me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a bit of gold too, although I tend to age and distress mine a bit, but I love the examples and Samaa's style and finish is always so impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous diys! I love gold accents and yours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you cover the mirror when spray painting the frames? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much ladies!
    Carol, I just use painters tape and some old newspaper to cover the mirror. This particular one took a bit longer to tape off because of all the curves, but it wasn't too hard :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughtful comments keep me going! Feel free to share them!
However, I reserve the right to delete all anonymous comments and restrict comments that are irrelevant to the article, contain profanity or lack respect, personal attacks or those that seek to promote a personal or unrelated business.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Icon Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest

spice up your blog
Pin It button on image hover